Thursday, May 21, 2009

Getting it Together

Before I went away for the weekend it was Open House at the kids' schools. We went to see Macie sing in the choir and square dance. Then we went to classrooms and saw all the fabulous work Macie and Thomas have been doing and then it was onto to Julia's school accross town. We actually made it to both schools and saw all there was to see. I'm proud of my children, they work hard and have fun. Being a kid is all about the FUN and they seem to know that. So I came home to a mini disaster. The kids were all in one piece, but the house was a wreck. I had expected it, but to see it was a shock none the less. I really didn't care because I had so much fun with my friends it made up for the fact that I missed the kids swim time trials, and the house was a mess. It is now Thursday and the house is still in a mess. I have done a bit of laundry and picked up a bit, but I do have to recover from the fun weekend don't I? Swim practice is taking up a chunk of time, and the little boys are very active so I am busy there. Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I am getting it together and the house will be in order sometime next week. :)
Tom did a great job at time trials and my parents watched Matthew and Henry while everyone else was at the pool. Julia did great and really loves being on the team. I can't wait to see her swim at the next meet. Go Julia!!

No comments: