Saturday, April 12, 2008

Swimming 101

As of April 1st I began swimming with the Masters Swim Program here in Rocklin. Even though as a girl I swam on many a team I am in way over my head. It has been 12days and I have gone to workout 6 times. Today (Sat.) I went to the special time they have to let new members get pointers for their stroke. Man, I know it's been a long time, but I had no idea I was that bad. :) Anyway I won't let the lack of a good stroke get me down. I'm going again Monday morning bright and early. My workouts are at 5:30 a.m. I know, I know, that's way too early, but if I'm going to get into shape and lose some weight I need to get out there and do it. So, I go. I do feel better and stronger. I just hope my stroke can get up to snuff. I did learn a lot this morning about how to move myself through the water. Anyway I'm off my soap box now and I will continue swimming and getting better. Oh, and one more thing I already smell like chlorine.

4 comments:

GFMouse said...

you go girl!!!!

DebLawson said...

Way to go!
I stink at swimming....I am so very impressed!!

Jenna and Scott said...

Thats neat that you are doing that!! Keep it up!!! I wanted to comment on here so you could look at my blog every once in awhile especially since I am going back to school!!:)

Lynja said...

Good for you! keep it up! remember only good things will come for your efforts. That is what I tell myself when I go exercise. :) I just started to do this regularly also. :)